When the sun goes down, nocturnal animals come out to prowl! Grab your family and friends and come to the Zoo for an evening of team challenges, scavenger hunts, and interactive activities that will engage and excite. Join us as we roam the Zoo at night looking for nocturnal species and investigating how nocturnal animals use different senses, such as night vision, echolocation, and heat sensing, to navigate in the dark. Compete in teams to test your ability to hunt, hide, protect, and surprise!
As part of our commitment to the continued well-being of our guests, team members and the animals in our care, and in ongoing efforts to assist our community in preventing the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented enhanced protocols and procedures you will notice during your visit.
6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
$20/person (3 and under are free)
$16/person (3 and under are free)
Program is open to all ages, but activities are geared to children ages 6+. Children 3 and under are free. All children must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Reservations are required prior to the program start dates.
- Full payment is due upon reservation.
- Participants will be required to sign an online digital waiver prior to the program.
- Family programs are subject to cancellation if fewer than 12 participants are registered.
- A registered chaperone MUST accompany each registered child and must be at least 18 years of age.
- Programs will take place rain or shine. Please be sure to dress accordingly.
- Parking is conveniently located in the lot on Cherokee Avenue and in the new Grant Park Gateway parking facility on Boulevard. Rates will be $3 an hour for a maximum of $12 a day.
- We ask all participants to stay home if they experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
- Programs will take place exclusively in outdoor or semi-outdoor locations.
- Participants will be asked to maintain a six-foot distance between themselves, other participants, and Zoo Team members for the entirety of the program
- All participants 2 and up are required to wear a face mask while participating in the program.
- The zoo will provide sanitation materials for participant use, including: hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes, and disinfectant spray.
- All Zoo Team members will wear a face mask for the duration of the program.
- All Zoo Team members will maintain a six-foot distance between themselves, other staff members, and program participants.