STEM Wild Walk
During this guided experience, participants will explore how these four disciplines are key to Zoo operations, as well as how animal adaptations have inspired innovations that benefit humans. From the engineering of enrichment for the animals, to digitally mapping animal movement to design more adaptive robots, there’s much to explore. This tour will highlight the work of our animal care staff as well as our ongoing research with external partners.
9:30 a.m., 11 a.m. or 12:30 p.m.
Program is 60 minutes long.
$14.99 per student (includes Zoo admission)
One chaperone per 10 students is admitted free, additional chaperones pay student price.
CAPACITY: Minimum of 10 – Maximum of 120 per session
- Educational Group Reservations must be made at least 5 weeks prior to program date.
- Non-refundable deposit of $50 is due at the time of reservation.
- Minimum group size for all Wild Walks is 10.
- One chaperone per 10 students is admitted free; additional chaperones pay student price.
- Membership discounts do not apply to Wild Walks.
- Final head count is due 4 weeks before your scheduled visit.
- Payment is due at least 4 weeks prior to the date of your visit. Unpaid reservations will be cancelled if payment is not received.
- Refunds will not be given for any unused portion of your reservation.
- Collection of funds and payment of all attendees is the responsibility of the group. Payment must be made to the Education Reservations personnel.
CANCELLATIONS AND RESCHEDULES:
- All cancellations forfeit the $50 deposit.
- Cancellations received less than 2 weeks prior to the program date must pay 50% of the total cost of the program.
- Reschedules must be made at least 2 weeks prior to your schedule program date to avoid fees.
- Reschedules made less than 2 weeks before original date will result in the loss of original deposit. Another deposit is required.
- Educational Groups will not receive refunds for rain. For instances of severe inclement weather, please contact Education Reservations at 404.624.5822.
- Group lunch storage is available in the Zoo at The Lunch Den, Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., year-round. Lunches should be in a labeled cooler/container.
- You can also pre-order your lunch! For just $6.99 per person + tax, your group can order your choice of pizza or sandwich, whole fruit, cookie and a drink! Please complete the order form and submit via email to email@example.com or by phone at 404.624.5995. Orders must be placed 2 weeks prior to your visit.
- Bus drivers are permitted to drop off their groups in the turnaround circle in the Cherokee Avenue parking lot. See our map for further details.
- Zoo Atlanta offers temporary parking at a designated parking lot located at 738 Hank Aaron Drive, S.E., Atlanta GA 30315.
- Directions to bus parking: Head north. Turn left toward Georgia Avenue. Turn left onto Capitol Avenue / Hank Aaron Drive SE.
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs and special offers! At any time, you can add yourself to new lists or remove yourself from lists you are no longer interested in.