Staying Alive (grades K-1)
Engage and explore your sense of touch as students discover the different textures found in nature while learning how animals protect themselves with shells, fur, spines, and scales.
Student Challenge: Using knowledge gained, students will design a habitat which ensures an animal has all of its basic needs.
Georgia Standards of Excellence in Science:
- SKP1: B
- SKL2: A
- S1L1: B
Select a start time from 10 a.m. or noon.
Programs lasts 60 minutes.
$14.99 per participant (includes Zoo admission)
CAPACITY: Minimum of 10 – Maximum of 80 per session
- Educational Group Reservations must be made at least 5 weeks prior to program date.
- Non-refundable deposit of $50 is due at the time of reservation.
- Minimum group size for all Zoo Tours is 10.
- One chaperone per 10 students is admitted free; additional chaperones pay student price.
- Membership discounts do not apply to Zoo Challenge.
- Final head count is due 4 weeks before your scheduled visit.
- Payment is due at least 4 weeks prior to the date of your visit. Unpaid reservations will be cancelled if payment is not received.
- Refunds will not be given for any unused portion of your reservation.
- Collection of funds and payment of all attendees is the responsibility of the group. Payment must be made to the Education Reservations personnel.
CANCELLATIONS AND RESCHEDULES:
- All cancellations forfeit the $50 deposit.
- Cancellations received less than 2 weeks prior to the program date must pay 50% of the total cost of the program.
- Reschedules must be made at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled program date to avoid fees.
- Reschedules made less than 2 weeks before original date will result in the loss of original deposit. Another deposit is required.
- Educational Groups will not receive refunds for rain. For instances of severe inclement weather, please contact Education Reservations at 404.624.5822.
- School Group Lunch Storage is available in the Zoo at The Lunch Den, Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. year-round. Lunches should be in a labeled cooler/container.
- You can also pre-order your lunch! For just $6.99 per person + tax, your group can order your choice of pizza or sandwich, whole fruit, cookie and a drink! Please complete the order form and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 404.624.5995. Orders must be placed 2 weeks prior to your visit.
- Bus drivers are permitted to drop off their groups in the turnaround circle in the Cherokee Avenue parking lot. See our map for further details.
- Zoo Atlanta offers temporary parking at a designated parking lot located at 738 Hank Aaron Drive, S.E., Atlanta GA 30315.
- Directions to bus parking: Head north. Turn left toward Georgia Avenue. Turn left onto Capitol Avenue / Hank Aaron Drive SE.
Head over to our Classroom Resources to download our Field Trip Guide Packets.