School’s Out Camp: 2021
As part of our commitment to the continued well-being of our guests, team members and the animals in our care, and in ongoing efforts to assist our community in preventing the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented enhanced protocols and procedures you will notice during your visit.
When school is out, Camp is in! We are here to engage and excite your young learners ages 7-12. These minds-on programs allow campers to visit animals on grounds, explore biofacts, and take part in science experiments and demonstrations. Campers will learn about the biology and behaviors of amazing creatures, the problems many animals face in the wild, and will discover ways to help wildlife and wild habitats.
These programs will take place in-person. To ensure the safety of all participants and educators, capacity for these programs has been greatly reduced, campers will stay with their group for the entirety of the program, and all participants and campers will adhere to the safety protocols as outlined below. Campers should provide their own snacks and lunches. We will continue to monitor all health reports and, with advance notice, reserve the right to transition to a virtual Camp if necessary.
Add an Eco Pals Plush to your reservation!
Eco Pals are plastic conscious plush with stitched eyes and noses, no plastic whiskers or plastic pellets. Each piece is filled with 100% recycled plastic. Do your part to reduce plastic litter in our lands and oceans. Less Plastic is Fantastic!
January 18, 2021: Songs of Nature
February 15, 2021: Purrfect Match!
April 5-9, 2021: WILD Water!
Safari Camp hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
(Drop-off: 8:30-9 a.m., Pick-up: 4-4:30 p.m.)
From the melodic chirping of birds to the distinct roar of a lion, Earth is full of amazing animals who produce remarkable sounds. Campers will enjoy the wonderful songs of wildlife as they investigate the science behind sound and explore animal auditory communication. This program will encourage participants to listen closely to the animals around them, continue learning about problems animal species face in the wild, and use their own voices for change!
Pets can be a great addition to your family but owning one can be a big responsibility! Campers will learn what it means to be a fantastic pet owner as they discover which animals make good pets and learn more about how to provide excellent animal care. Participants will feel empowered to be better owners to their pets or be better prepared to take on the responsibility of ownership!
Water is a resource that is vital to life. Spend the week with us as we investigate and build watersheds to learn about the distribution of water on Earth; the numerous relationships humans and animals have with water; how much water is accessible for use; and ways to use water sustainably. At the end of the week, campers will gain appreciation for one of Earth’s most precious resources and will be ready to seek out ways to be conscientious water consumers!
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
- Participants will be required to sign an digital waiver prior to the program.
- Programs will take place exclusively in outdoor or semi-outdoor locations, weather dependent.
- Participants will be strongly encouraged to maintain a six-foot distance between one another and Zoo team members. Space will be marked with tape during lunch to ensure that everyone knows where to sit.
- All participants are required to wear a face mask while participating in the program.
- The Zoo will provide sanitation materials for participant use, including: hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes, and disinfectant spray.
- All Zoo team members will wear a face mask for the duration of the program.
- All Zoo team members will maintain a six-foot distance between themselves, other team members, and participants.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT:
- Advance registration is required.
- Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY:
- Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
- Refunds will not be issued for individual missed days of Camp.
- Cancellations received 2 or more weeks prior to the program start date will receive a full refund.
Give the adventure of lifelong learning. Here’s an idea we can promise won’t be re-gifted: give a certificate for one of Zoo Atlanta’s education programs! You may also purchase gift certificates in $25 increments up to $100. Program restrictions apply.
Any other questions? Don’t hesitate to ask! Call 404.624.5822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.