NightCrawlers: School (Summer 2019)
Calling all night owls! Spend the night at Zoo Atlanta to embark on a nocturnal adventure you won’t soon forget! Offered for both groups and families, programs feature interactive activities, team challenges, animal encounters and opportunities to learn more about wildlife and wild places.
Participants will spend the majority of the evening within the Zoo and will sleep in indoor, climate-controlled rooms. A light evening snack and continental breakfast are provided. Stay and enjoy the Zoo the following day after breakfast and morning activities.
6:00 p.m. through 9:30 a.m. the next morning
What’s black-and-white and can eat 100 pounds of bamboo a day? Discover the unique adaptations of giant pandas, and learn fun facts about their care. Participants will also enjoy time in the Zoo exploring other awesome animal adaptations.
Ever wonder what it takes to study animals in the wild? Explore some of the actual technologies that scientists use to monitor and identify species, all in the name of conservation. Learn how Zoo Atlanta is saving wildlife, and put your science skills to the test with radio telemetry equipment, night-vision goggles and more.
Spend the night exploring the diversity of species on Earth by observing Zoo Atlanta’s animal population, and gain a greater appreciation for those wacky, weird and wild animals that play an important role in our ecosystems. Participants will travel around the globe and take part in a conservation investigation to help solve a creature conundrum, all while staying within Zoo Atlanta.
Get an after-hours, behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to save wildlife and wild places. Explore career opportunities at Zoo Atlanta, and see if you have what it takes to care for some of the rarest wildlife on the planet. Participants will problem-solve and work together in order to save a species.
To find out if our NightCrawler program is right for you, please read our NightCrawler Information Packet (PDF) prior to registering.
- Group reservations must be made at least 5 weeks prior to program date.
- Non-refundable deposit of $50 is due at the time of reservation.
- Minimum group size for NightCrawlers is 20.
- Membership discounts do not apply.
- Final headcount is due 4 weeks before your scheduled visit.
- Payment is due at least 4 weeks prior to the date of your visit. Unpaid reservations will be cancelled if payment is not received.
- Refunds will not be given for any unused portion of your reservation.
- Collection of funds and payment of all attendees is the responsibility of the group. Payment must be made to the Education Reservations personnel.
CANCELLATIONS & RESCHEDULES:
- All cancellations forfeit the $50 deposit.
- Cancellations received less than 2 weeks prior to the program date must pay 50% of the total cost of the program.
- Reschedules must be made at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled program date to avoid fees.
- Reschedules made less than 2 weeks before original date will result in the loss of the original deposit. Another deposit is required.
- Educational groups will not receive refunds for rain. For instances of severe inclement weather, please contact Education Reservations at 404.624.5822.