Nature Play Club
Zoo Atlanta has partnered with the Children and Nature Network to present Nature Play Club! Join us as we explore the great outdoors during this family-friendly program. With the guidance of a Zoo Atlanta Educator, you and your family will engage with nature by exercising your imaginations, exploring independently and learning about nature by learning through it, all within the heart of Atlanta! Each month we will explore a different topic and use engaging tools to bridge science and nature together. Participants will meet at Zoo Atlanta and walk into Grant Park to discover the nature that surrounds us in an urban environment. We hope you come play in nature with us!
Looking for fun activities to do with your youngest explorers? Check out our Children’s Activity page for a list of fun options for your day at the Zoo.
Check back for upcoming dates!
10 a.m. – noon
Each Nature Play session will focus on specific aspects of the environment. Families will learn about nature through observation, sketching, note-taking, and hands-on exploration. Each month families will receive a nature-themed takeaway to build a Family Nature Exploration Kit.
$10/family of 4 (each additional participant will be $2/each), this includes a themed family takeaway such as a nature journal.
$8/family of 4 (each additional participant will be $2/each), this includes a themed family takeaway such as a nature journal.
Families of all ages
- Each Nature Play program is geared toward families of all ages. Please be ready to join in on family fun and exploration.
- This program meets outside of the front gate of the zoo.
- Zoo admission is not included.
- Each participant must bring a signed waiver to participate in the class.
- Participants 17 years old and under attending without a parent or guardian MUST bring a completed waiver with them that is signed by a parent or guardian
- A registered chaperone MUST accompany each registered child, and must be at least 18 years of age. More than one adult can join and is encouraged!
- Programs will take place rain or shine. Please be sure to dress accordingly.
To find out more about the Children and Nature Network visit their website.