Living Lab (grades 9-12th)
Students will learn the research basics through hands-on, minds-on experience and explore the research conducted by Zoo Atlanta.
Student Challenge: Create and use an ethogram and other scientific tools for field research to collect data on a specific species.
Georgia Standards of Excellence in Science:
- SB5: A
Select a start time from 10 a.m. or 12:30 p.m.
Programs lasts 2 hours.
$14.99 per participant (includes Zoo admission)
- Minimum group size is 10.
- One chaperone per 10 students required and is admitted free; additional chaperones pay student price.
- Membership discounts do not apply to Zoo Challenge.
- All programs come with grade-specific activities to use at the Zoo, both before and after your visit.
- School Group Lunch Storage is available in the Zoo at The Lunch Den, Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., during the school year. Lunches should be in a labeled cooler/container.
- Pre-order your lunch! For just $6.99 per person + tax, your group can order your choice of pizza or sandwich, whole fruit, cookie and a drink! Please complete the order form and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 404.624.5995. Orders must be placed two weeks prior to your visit.