Family Zoo Yoga
Can you balance like a flamingo or reach like an orangutan? Experience a connection to animals like no other through our Family Zoo Yoga program. This fun, interactive program is geared toward families with children ages 4+ and includes 30-40 minutes of animal-inspired yoga poses with our certified instructor. After the class, spend the remaining time learning more about the animals from a Zoo Educator and find out how humans are connected to the featured species. Each month will feature a new animal and new poses. We hope you will come connect with animals and take time to connect with your family in a whole new way!
As part of our commitment to the continued well-being of our guests, team members and the animals in our care, and in ongoing efforts to assist our community in preventing the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented enhanced protocols and procedures you will notice during your visit.
June 12 | Sunrise on the Savanna: Giraffes
July 10 | Sunrise with Sun Bears
August 14 | Sunrise on the Savanna: Lions
September 11 | Sunrise on the Savanna: Elephants
October 9 | Giant Panda Poses
8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
$20 for a parent/guardian and child (each additional participant will be $4 each)*
*$20 to add admission to the Zoo per ticket combo ($10 for each additional participant)
$15 for a parent/guardian and child (each additional participant will be $4 each)
- Meets inside the front gate in Flamingo Plaza at 8:15 a.m.
- For non-Members, Zoo admission must be purchased before entering the Zoo.
- Participants will be required to sign an online digital waiver prior to the program.
- All participants must pre-register. No walks-up allowed.
- Parking is conveniently located in the lot on Cherokee Avenue and in the new Grant Park Gateway parking facility on Boulevard. Rates will be $3 an hour for a maximum of $12 a day.
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
- Programs will take place exclusively in outdoor or semi-outdoor locations.
- Participants will be spaced 6 feet apart from one another. Spaces will be marked with tape before the program to ensure that everyone knows where to position their mats.
- Participants will be asked to maintain a six-foot distance between themselves, other participants, and zoo team members for the entirety of the program
- Participants will be required to bring their own yoga mats.
- All participants 2 and up are required to wear a face mask while participating in the program.
- The Zoo will provide sanitation materials for participant use, including: hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes, and disinfectant spray.
- All Zoo Team members will wear a face mask for the duration of the program.
- All Zoo team members will maintain a six-foot distance between themselves, other staff members, and participants
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs, events and special offers! You can remove yourself at anytime if you are no longer interested. Subscribe now!