Animal Nutrition Kitchen Wild Walk
MORE TO EXPLORE
For an additional $5, upgrade your older explorers (3rd grade and up) and extend your tour to take a look behind the scenes at the Animal Nutrition Kitchen or the Veterinary Clinic. These tours will provide you with plenty of Zoo time in addition to a firsthand look at how our animal care specialists utilize STEM skills and problem solving in their daily lives.
With over 1,000 mouths to feed, our Animal Nutritionists have a big job! Learn how Zoo staff prepare animal diets, and see some of the unusual food items our animals enjoy that you might like, too!
9:30 a.m., 11 a.m. or 12:30 p.m.
Program is 80 minutes long.
$19.99 per student (includes Zoo admission)
One chaperone per 10 students is admitted free, additional chaperones pay student price.
CAPACITY: Minimum of 10 – Maximum of 120 per session
3rd grade and up
- Educational Group Reservations must be made at least 5 weeks prior to program date.
- Non-refundable deposit of $50 is due at the time of reservation.
- Minimum group size for all Wild Walks is 10.
- One chaperone per 10 students is admitted free; additional chaperones pay student price.
- Membership discounts do not apply to Wild Walks.
- Final head count is due 4 weeks before your scheduled visit.
- Payment is due at least 4 weeks prior to the date of your visit. Unpaid reservations will be cancelled if payment is not received.
- Refunds will not be given for any unused portion of your reservation.
- Collection of funds and payment of all attendees is the responsibility of the group. Payment must be made to the Education Reservations personnel.
CANCELLATIONS AND RESCHEDULES:
- All cancellations forfeit the $50 deposit.
- Cancellations received less than 2 weeks prior to the program date must pay 50% of the total cost of the program.
- Reschedules must be made at least 2 weeks prior to your schedule program date to avoid fees.
- Reschedules made less than 2 weeks before original date will result in the loss of original deposit. Another deposit is required.
- Educational Groups will not receive refunds for rain. For instances of severe inclement weather, please contact Education Reservations at 404.624.5822.
- Group lunch storage is available in the Zoo at The Lunch Den, Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., year-round. Lunches should be in a labeled cooler/container.
- You can also pre-order your lunch! For just $8.50 per person + tax, your group can order your choice of pizza or sandwich, whole fruit, cookie and a drink! Please complete the order form and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 404.624.5995. Orders must be placed 2 weeks prior to your visit.
- Bus drivers are permitted to drop off their groups in the turnaround circle in the Cherokee Avenue parking lot. See our map for further details.
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs and special offers! At any time, you can add yourself to new lists or remove yourself from lists you are no longer interested in.