Adult Zoo Yoga
As part of our commitment to the continued well-being of our guests, team members and the animals in our care, and in ongoing efforts to assist our community in preventing the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented enhanced protocols and procedures you will notice during your visit.
Stretch your bodies and relax your minds on the African Savanna. Take time for yourself in this hour-long program with our certified yoga instructor. An educator will be available before and after the program to talk about the animals of the African Savanna and connect you further to our conservation work. We look forward to sharing the peace of nature with you as you unwind and recharge mid-week.
In the winter months (November-February) and in inclement weather, the program will take place inside the Zambezi Elephant Center. While there is a good chance that you will see elephants, there may be times when they are in their behind-the-scenes areas and we cannot guarantee that they will always be visible.
In the warmer months, yoga will take place outside and we will try to vary locations on the African Savanna to create unique opportunities for the experience.
6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
THEME: Sunset on the Savanna
- Check-in starts 30 minutes before the start of class outside the front gate.
- Early entrance and touring the Zoo at the completion of the program are not permitted.
- Each participant must bring a signed waiver to participate in the class.
- Participants 17 years old and under attending without a parent or guardian MUST bring a completed waiver with them that is signed by a parent or guardian.
- All participants must pre-register. No walks-up allowed.
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
- Participants will be required to sign an online digital waiver prior to the program.
- Programs will take place exclusively in outdoor or semi-outdoor locations.
- Participants will be spaced 6 feet apart from one another. Spaces will be marked with tape before the program to ensure that everyone knows where to position their mats.
- Participants will be asked to maintain a six-foot distance between themselves, other participants, and zoo team members for the entirety of the program
- Participants will be required to bring their own yoga mats.
- All participants are required to wear a face mask while participating in the program.
- The Zoo will provide sanitation materials for participant use, including: hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes, and disinfectant spray.
- All Zoo Team members will wear a face mask for the duration of the program.
- All Zoo team members will maintain a six-foot distance between themselves, other staff members, and participants.
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs, events and special offers! You can remove yourself at anytime if you are no longer interested. Subscribe now!