Adult Zoo Yoga
Take time for yourself in this hour-long program with our certified yoga instructor. Spend time with some of Zoo Atlanta’s favorite animal species and allow us to share the peace of nature with you as you unwind and recharge mid-week. These programs are perfect for beginners to intermediates, and no prior experience is required.
Masks are required for this program.
6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Stretch your bodies and relax your minds on the African Savanna. Take in the sights and sounds of nature as you observe the beauty of the elephants. An educator will be available before and after the program to talk about the animals of the African Savanna and connect you further to our conservation work. Yoga will take place outside, and we will try to vary locations on the African Savanna to create unique opportunities for the experience. In inclement weather, the program will take place in an indoor location that promotes social distancing. While there is a good chance that you will see elephants, there may be times when they are in their behind-the-scenes areas, and we cannot guarantee that they will always be visible.
- Advance registration required.
- Check-in starts 30 minutes prior to the start of the program outside the front gate. Yoga starts promptly at 6:30 p.m.
- Early entrance and touring the Zoo at the completion of the program are not permitted.
- Participants will be required to bring their own yoga mats.
- Participants will be required to sign an online digital waiver prior to the program.
- Programs will take place rain or shine. Please be sure to dress accordingly.
- Parking is conveniently located in the lot on Cherokee Avenue and in the new Grant Park Gateway parking facility on Boulevard. Rates will be $3 an hour for a maximum of $12 a day.
- Participants will be asked to maintain a six-foot distance from other groups and Zoo team members for the entirety of the program.
- In accordance with the recommendations from the CDC, all participants are required to wear a face maskwhile participating in the program.
- We ask all participants to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been in contact with a COVID-positive individual in the past 2 weeks.
- The Zoo will provide sanitation materials for participant use, including hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes, and disinfectant spray.
- Programs are subject to cancellation if minimum number of participants is not met. Call 404.624.5822 with questions or email email@example.com.
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs, events and special offers! You can remove yourself at any time if you are no longer interested. Subscribe now!