- Can I use my Library Pass on the weekend or during holidays?
The Library Pass is valid seven days a week including school breaks and holidays such as Spring Break, Memorial Day, etc.
- How does the Zoo Atlanta Library Pass program work?
When you check out, watch and return the Zoo Atlanta Library Pass DVD to your lending library on time and in good condition, the librarian will provide you with an authorized receipt on which you fill in your name and bring to Zoo Atlanta. Do not bring the DVD itself; only the receipt is needed. One authorized receipt is good for free admission for up to four people. Larger family groups must pay for any additional admissions that they require.
- How long may I keep the DVD, and may I renew it if I don’t have a chance to watch it?
The DVD is due back to your library 7 days after you check it out. It may not be renewed.
- Is the DVD my pass, and do I take it to Zoo Atlanta for admission?
No, you must return the DVD to your local library. When you return the Zoo Atlanta Library Pass DVD to the lending library on time and in good condition, you will receive an authorized receipt for free admission for up to four people from your librarian.
- How much time do I have to use the pass at the Zoo? Are there rain checks or make-up dates?
The pass must be presented at Zoo Atlanta within 14 days (2 weeks) of your return of the DVD. Because Zoo Atlanta is a rain-or-shine destination, there are no rain checks or make-up dates.
- Am I permitted to request a hold if the DVD has been checked out by another cardholder?
Many libraries permit cardholders to request a short hold on the pass — provided it is currently checked in and available for circulation. Depending on each library system’s policy, this hold window might be as short as 30 minutes, until the close of business that day or up to a maximum of 24 hours. Contact your local library branch for more information about their specific policy.
- Why do some library branches have only one copy of the DVD, while others have multiple copies?
Zoo Atlanta provided each Georgia public library branch with one pass. Because of the popularity of the program and the vast differences in service populations of facilities, Zoo Atlanta provided GPLS with additional DVDs to place into circulation at those libraries with the highest service populations and with the greatest demand. For example, the average service population at the 34 facilities of the Atlanta-Fulton Public Library is approximately 31,000, while the single library in Conyers-Rockdale County serves nearly 90,000 people. Georgia counties with large populations but few facilities may stock more than one copy in order to “level the playing field” for citizens across the state.
- What if lose my library pass?
You should contact the library you rented the Zoo Atlanta Library Pass from. They will issue one (1) additional pass if lost. Zoo Atlanta cannot issue library passes.
- What if my library has lost their Zoo Atlanta DVD?
You should make your librarian aware, and they will reach out to their contact for the library system’s partnership for a replacement.
- What do I need to bring to use my library pass?
You must have the library card used to rent the DVD and the signed voucher from your library.
- Can I give my library pass to someone else?
The guest using the library pass must have the library card used to rent the DVD.
- Who do I contact if I have questions about my upcoming visit?
Visit the Zoo Atlanta website, zooatlanta.org, for more details on daily activities and tips that may be useful in planning your visit.
- Where do I present my receipt?
Present your receipt at Admissions at the Zoo entrance. You must present a completed receipt with an authorized signature from your library to receive admission; admittance will not be permitted without the authorized receipt and library card matching the branch.
- What are the Zoo’s hours of operation?
Zoo Atlanta is open year-round; closed only on Thanksgiving and Christmas. The Zoo is open from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with ticket booths closing at 4:30 p.m. April 1 through October 31, the Zoo is open until 6:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday only, with ticket booths closing at 5:30 p.m.
- What does the Zoo Atlanta Library Pass include?
The pass is valid for general admission only; pass does not include concessions or rides.
- How long should I plan for my family’s visit?
This will vary, of course, depending on the size and interests of your party, but most families should plan to spend between three and four hours at the Zoo in order to see its many highlights.