Summer Safari Camp Scholarship
Through a partnership with the Atlanta Fulton County Recreation Authority, Zoo Atlanta is pleased to be able to offer a limited number of scholarships to Safari Camp: Summer Session. Scholarship recipients will receive one week of Safari Camp, daily lunch and snacks, a camp T-shirt and extended care options.
- Camper must be a current resident of the City of Atlanta or Fulton County, Georgia
- Camper must attend a Title One school OR qualify for free or reduced lunch
- Camper must be between the ages of 5 – 11 years old
- Guardian of camper must agree to provide transportation to and from the Zoo daily during the week of Camp
- If awarded, a $25 non-refundable fee made payable via credit card will be due at time of registration
Please complete the 2019 Zoo Atlanta Safari Camp Scholarship Application and submit along with the following required documents:
- Proof of residency in the City of Atlanta and/or Fulton County, Georgia
- Proof the camper attends a Title One school OR qualifies for free or reduced lunch
- Letter of need from the guardian describing how the camper will benefit from Safari Camp
- Letter of interest from the camper
- A completed application is required per camper
Completed applications and required documents should be submitted together via email to email@example.com OR mailed to: Zoo Atlanta Education, 800 Cherokee Avenue, S.E., Atlanta, GA 30315.
Application Deadline: May 6, 2019
Partial or incomplete applications will not be considered.
UPCOMING DATES: Weekly, June 17 – August 2
AGE RANGE: 5 – 11
RECIPIENT SELECTION & NOTIFICATION:
Scholarships will be awarded based on pre-selected criteria, completion of the application, and on a first-come, first-served basis. Awardees will be notified on or after May 20, 2019. If selected, a $25 non-refundable deposit is due at time of notification to secure your scholarship.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Please contact the Education Department at 404.624.5822 with questions. We hope to see your camper at Safari Camp!