Great Backyard Bird Count
10:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Be a citizen scientist at Zoo Atlanta! Help us create a “bigger picture” for what is happening with bird populations in the wild. Bird watching expertise is not required to join in the fun!
- Join the Zoo Atlanta team as we tally native bird species found throughout the Z
- New to bird watching? Attend a quick Birding 101 lesson to get some tips for successful birding.
- Participate in additional hands-on bird-related activities.
- Discover easy ways to help native bird populations.
We will have everything you need to participate, but you are welcome to bring your own materials or practice in advance.
- Binoculars are a very helpful birdwatching tool.
- You can check out The Cornell Lab’s Bird ID Guide, a free online resource for learning to ID backyard birds.
- Want to participate but can’t make it to the Zoo that day? You can count birds and submit data on your own! Learn more about how to get started.
Activities are free for Zoo Atlanta Members and children under 3; free with general admission.
Check out more Citizen Science events happening at Zoo Atlanta.