Wild Encounter: Toucan and Friends
Join the flock at Zoo Atlanta and surround yourself with feathered friends!
A Zoo Educator will share stories of the lives of birds and steps you can take to help birds in your own backyard and around the world. You will then be joined by a member of the Animal Care Team who will introduce you to one of the ambassador birds at Zoo Atlanta, followed by an up-close-and-personal* experience with Lupe the toco toucan!
*Please note that this experience includes free-flighted birds.
- Participants must be 8 years or older to participate.
- Children under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult who has also purchased a Wild Encounter ticket.
- Meet outside the entrance to the World of Wild Theater 15 minutes before the encounter begins.
- Please note that availability is limited for all Wild Encounters.
- This experience is ADA accessible.
Monday and Tuesday at 11:30 a.m.
*Please see Age Specifications below for full details.
- A ticket is required for all participants 8 years and up.
- Children under 8 years old and under are FREE and may attend, but they are not permitted to take part in the interaction portion of the encounter.
- Children 16 years old and under must be accompanied by an adult who has also purchased a Wild Encounter ticket.
- Children 4 years old and under must be carried or held by the hand of an adult at all times.
PARTICIPANT SAFETY POLICIES:
- We ask all Wild Encounters participants to view the brief health screening prior to coming to the Zoo for your encounter.
- All participants are required to complete a digital waiver PRIOR to your encounter date.
- Wild Encounters are an optional experience and require a face mask for participants who are 2 years old or above. For the health and safety of Zoo team members, guests, and animals, there are no medical exemptions.
- If you or a member of your party are feeling unwell, please visit us another time.
- Help us promote social distancing by remaining at least six feet away from others who are not part of your party.
- Timed entry tickets are not required for Wild Encounter participants. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the Wild Encounter start time.
- Non-Members may pre-purchase admission tickets while registering for the encounter or may purchase tickets upon arrival.
- All Zoo team members will wear a face mask for the duration of the program.
- Full payment is due upon reservation.
- Refunds or reschedules will not be issued for no-shows; however, for the safety of our animals, staff and guests, during the COVID-19 pandemic, participants who feel unwell the morning of the program can contact Zoo Atlanta and we will be happy to refund or reschedule your visit.
- Cancellations received more than 7 days before the scheduled visit will receive a full refund.
- Reschedule requests received less than 7 days prior to your scheduled program date will incur a 10% reschedule fee, based upon the total cost of your reservation.
- Guests will not receive a refund or reschedules due to rain.
- In the event of extreme or inclement weather conditions, within 15 minutes of the program start time, you will be contacted by Zoo Atlanta and offered a refund (of program cost, only) or the opportunity to reschedule.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
For your safety, encounters will occur with protected contact, where you will not be in the same physical space with the animal but will feed them through a barrier. All participants will dip the bottoms of their shoes into a diluted bleach solution before entering the lion building; please dress accordingly.
- Due to animal safety regulations, guests who have been outside of the United States or Canada within the (10) days prior to the program will not be allowed to participate.
- Participants may bring phones/cameras and are permitted to take pictures of the encounter; however, video recording is not permitted.
- To ensure the safety of our animals and guests while behind the scenes, follow all instructions of animal care team members and Zoo staff. Participants who are not following instructions will be asked to leave the program and will not receive a refund.
- Strollers and wagons are not allowed in behind-the-scenes areas.
- Participants must wear closed-toe and closed-heel shoes. Flip flops, sandals, etc. are not permitted in behind-the-scenes areas.
- Clothes may get dirty during the encounter. Please plan accordingly.
Wild Encounter Gift Certificate
Give the adventure of lifelong learning. Here’s an idea we can promise won’t be re-gifted: give a certificate for one of Zoo Atlanta’s education programs! You may also purchase gift certificates in $25 increments up to $100. Program restrictions apply.