Vision, Mission, Values
Vision: We envision a world in which humankind values, protects and preserves the diversity of species on Earth.
Mission: We strive to inspire the citizens of Atlanta and Georgia and all visitors to the Zoo to value wildlife on Earth and to help safeguard existing species through conservation.
We do this by:
- Providing an informative, educational, and engaging experience,
- Being respectful and responsible stewards of the animals and the physical and financial assets entrusted to us, and
- Engaging in related conservation activities and research.
- Stewardship – We take personal responsibility for the animals in our care as well as all the resources we use.
- Integrity – We are honest, fair, reliable and sincere. We are trustworthy and value the trust of our community.
- Collaboration – We maintain an environment of trust, openness, respect and transparency to maximize the creativity and productivity of our organization.
- Diversity and Individuality – We will recruit and support employees and volunteers with diverse perspectives and talents that result in a strong, focused and innovative organization.
- Commitment to Members and Guests – We create an enriching and welcoming atmosphere for all members and guests. We provide courteous and helpful attention to ensure they have a wonderful experience each time they visit.